Return to Web Home Page

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Eye-Popping Beauty of Lehman Caves

Lehman Caves, located in Great Basin National Park on the eastern edge of Nevada, was one of the places my wife, Mary Jane, and I visited on a just-completed 3,100-mile trip around parts of the Far West.

This is a beautiful marble labyrinth. As described by the National Park Service, it is "ornately decorated with stalactites, stalagmites, helictites, flowstone, popcorn, and over 300 rare shield formations."  Lehman Caves, discovered in 1885, is said to be one of the best decorated limestone caverns in Far West.

Enough verbiage.  Here is a series of photographs I took.  I invite you to scroll down and enjoy my pictorial journey through Lehman Caves.

TO VIEW ANY IMAGE LARGER, JUST CLICK ON IT. 
All Images Copyright by Tom Debley, 2011
All Rights Reserved








































No comments:

Post a Comment